Eight weeks of art with Miss Jean - ages 5-8
Tuesdays, Sept. 22-Nov.10 4.p.m. - 5 p.m.
Purchase comes with the option of joining live, having a pre-recorded lesson sent to your mailbox, or you can mix it up.
This eight week live course takes a journey through art as we explore art materials and elements of art, and nature. Students learn about exciting colors and using materials in expanded ways for creativity.
The course covers:
- Types of line in math, art and nature
- Making sculptural lines with wire.
- Horizon lines, textures and Van Gogh: adventure in drawing
- Exploring glue as a drawing tool.
- Painting with analogous colors:
- Oil pastels and painting: The skeleton
- Leaves in Fall, a tribute to the season in oil pastel resist
- Clay fun: roll, pinch and form: animals and art
Classes include homework and worksheet ideas to enhance learning outside of class. Focus is often on observing the world around them and observing nature while thinking how elements and principles of art apply.
How the Zoom format works: An introduction to the lesson and materials will be sent out before the class begins. Introduction and demonstrations followed by a quiet work time and opportunity time to chat for questions and comments. A live question and answer time is given for each class.
Parents are requested to be present with children as needed.
Live class is limited to ten families per session.
Pre-recorded lessons are available each week for those who wish to do the class on their own time, Registration for pre-recorded class and live classes is the same.
- Prang watercolor set (16 color - NOT the washable kind)
- 80 lb. drawing paper
- Cray Pas, or Sergent brand oil pastels
- Variety of pipe cleaners
- Variety of watercolor brushes
A link will be provided after sign up to purchase items on line with my favorite supplier at very reasonable cost (I get no perks for this recommendation).