Eight weeks of fun art and appreciation - ages 9-12
Sept. 17 4 p.m -5 p.m.
This art class will engage students in making art, generating ideas, observing nature and elements of art as well as learning how to critique works of art and speak knowledgeably about what they see and feel.
Class lessons include drawing, watercolors, painting, and sculpture. Elements and principles of art will guide us in a structured direction with plenty of room for self-expression.
- Types of art - realistic, abstract and non-representative - there is no wrong way to make art if you are an artist.
- Art papers
- Illustration and expressive art
- How math and science support your art and confidence in what you make
- Sculpting with paper and abstract ideas - problems and solutions
- Blow it up - a closer look at how artist's see
- Clay - forming shapes with attention to detail and interest
- Make a choice and then do it: how artists decide what is important and then how they begin.
Handouts and worksheets may assist each class with work at home and fun informative ideas, exercises and artists to explore.
- 80 lb drawing paper
- strathmore watercolor pad
- prang watercolor set - 16 colors (not the washable type)
- sharpie marker - fine and medium
- Crayola magic modeling clay white
- Total supplies around $70 includes tax and shipping and will accommodate 2 or 3 family members (except the sketchbook). These supplies will last for another class if you decide to continue in the winter.
After registering, a link will be sent with all the materials and the option to purchase on-line at Dick Blick. (I do not get any perks from the supplier).
Register early (before Sept 1) and receive one bonus art lesson prior to the beginning of class.