Make art with Miss Jean
How many children can register per family?
- This course is live, one child may participate from each family while we are live. For feedback on the live class the same day of the class, your entire family can have a copy of the recording.
For what age are the classes?
- Classes are geared for 5-8 year old children for this class. Older children may participate as each lesson can be made to be more challenging. Classes for children 9-12 will be offered in the fall.
What time are classes?
- Classes will begin Tuesday, July 7 for eight weeks starting at 11:00 a.m. each week.
How do I prepare for the classes?
- After you sign up, I will provide you with a materials list. The supplies can be bought on-line. You have the option of ordering a pre-selected cart of art supplies for this class.
What if I miss a class?
- There will be recorded lessons available if you miss the live session.
Drawing Plants in Nature for Fun
In this pre-recorded drawing class, students learn how to make close observations of plant life to inform their art with realistic details. We will observe all parts of plants and use words to define them before drawing. In this way our drawings will come alive with details we might have missed if we didn't take the time to really look closely.
Students will learn how to make the plant drawings interesting as a work of art while we discuss composition, placement, and the principles of contrast and space.
These drawings can be used beautifully on top of watercolor washes and then painted into. Examples will be shared at the end of the lesson on how to move forward with paints. The black and white drawings make beautiful machine copies for gift or note cards.
This is a lesson that can be used at any age.
The lesson is about one hour and includes:
- Comparison of expressive and scientific drawing
- Set up for success
- Tips for beginners
- Artist references
- Elements and Principles of Art
- Art examples for further creative enjoyment