Nature Journal - discovering art and nature
Available beginning Sept 15th. Sign up early and receive a free one hour lesson on Sept 1 - just in time for Labor Day weekend for a head start.
This is a series of eight pre-recorded lessons which will be sent to each family on Mondays of each week. Each lesson will include a "how to" instruction and then some "get creative" ideas to encourage more journaling with pictures or words. Handouts worksheets and links to recommended books and videos are part of this offer.
What more fun than to discover the wonders of nature in our own back yards and on walks in the woods, or just looking out the window. Adding your feelings, personal observations and findings to each entry makes it a journal to keep for years.
We will observe parts of plants. leaves and seeds in the fall, look at artists who were inspired by nature in drawings, writing and poetry. We will increase our vocabulary of descriptive words used to define what we see. In this way our drawings will come alive with details.
Join Miss Jean on a private Facebook group to share your work, ask for suggestions and get feedback.
This is a journey of art that can be enjoyed at any age from five to ninety five. It is designed to be a continuation of explorations in nature and art that is both personal as well as full of self-directed learning.
Here are some things you may learn in this class:
- How to make a drawing or painting more interesting.
- What is the difference between scientific and expressive art.
- What colors to choose and why.
- Ways to make observations and record them.
- The left and right brain and how they work together for drawing nature.
- What are the types of composition.
- What types of leaves and trees are in your area?
- What are the different ways leaves grow from stems?
- How to make a gift card with your painting or drawing.
- Make a folder with your plant illustrations.
- Discover other artists who are are nature lovers.
- Write a poem about your favorite plant, insect or wild animal and illustrate it.
- Watercolor pad
- Prang watercolor of 16 colors
- Watercolor brushes
- sharpie markers
- pens and pencils
- Access to a camera (optional)
After registering a link will be sent to a Dick Blick supplier with all the supplies in a list. I do not get perks for this. And you may purchase supplies anywhere.